Account-based marketing can be a highly effective marketing strategy when implemented correctly. Content and campaign marketers can achieve great results by following the tips of ABM experts. Discover best practice and insider knowledge to maximise the impact of your campaigns!
Account-based marketing strategy and content
Account-based marketing (ABM) is a highly targeted strategy that focuses on identifying and engaging with specific high-value accounts. ABM and content marketing go hand in hand; an account-based marketing strategy requires marketers to develop content that specifically addresses the challenges, questions and concerns of target accounts. Content is important because it is a critical component in engaging and educating your target buyers. In ABM, marketing efforts are usually highly personalised, especially when focusing on a small number of high-value prospects. This means that the content needs to be tailored to their specific needs and interests to be effective.
If you are new to the concept of ABM, first read this blog.
Creating successful B2B content marketing campaigns
If you are a content marketer, you must have noticed the information overload on the internet. You might be wondering how to make your ABM content marketing campaigns successful.
Here are our tips for making the most out of your ABM content campaigns:
- Define your target accounts, target buyers and their pain points: What are their biggest concerns? What are their goals? Only by understanding their challenges and collecting the right information can you develop content tailored to their needs.
- Create content that is valuable, informative, and relevant to your target accounts. If you want to capture their attention, you should offer buyer enablement content, content that adds value in their search for solutions.
- Use different content formats such as video, text, animation, webinars, etc. This way you will appeal to different types of audience.
- Use a variety of the right promotional channels to reach your target audience, for the same reason as mentioned above. Best-in-class B2B marketers use paid, owned and earned channels.
- Define the KPIs based on how you want to measure your campaign’s success. Only then will you know if your efforts were successful or not.
- Keep optimising your strategy based on these metrics. And discuss your results with your sales team on a regular basis.
Find more measuring tips here
Check our ABM in 5 steps e-book!
Mistakes to avoid when creating content for ABM campaigns
Content marketers can make several mistakes when it comes to creating content for an ABM campaign. Here are some of them:
- If you don’t understand the needs of your target accounts, then your content will not be relevant or effective. To avoid this from happening, tailor your content to meet the specific needs and interests of your target audience. Don’t just talk about your product or service; instead provide insights and solutions to their challenges. You can usually get this information from deep buyer research and/or your existing buyer persona profiles.
- Not personalising your content for the accounts. ABM is a highly personalised strategy and therefore personalisation is essential. This can be applied in subject lines, on landing pages, in messaging, in direct mails, etc. To get more tips on how to personalise your content for target accounts, check this webinar.
- Lastly, many content marketers underestimate the importance of measuring their efforts. Try to keep track of engagement rates, conversion rates, and ROI to evaluate the effectiveness of your ABM campaign and make any necessary changes on your content. You can find more details on how to measure your ABM campaign results here.
If you want to use content to deliver great results on your ABM strategy, the best solution is to get advice from the experts. See how SPOTONVISION can help you with your ABM content strategy and implementation.
See how we delivered a seamless content experience for Unit 4.
Need a personalised opinion or a chat first? Talk to one of our ABM experts!